Explore a range of courses to kickstart your professional development.
Course dates: 25 May, 18 Jun 2021 | Duration: 1 day
Constituency Community Communications Part Two
Download our Brochure.
Understanding, networking, consulting and communicating repeatedly on relevant local community and national issues are all fundamental ingredients to being an outstanding parliamentary representative. Regular communication and visibility within your constituency is a vital part of all that. As the elected incumbent it is your duty to represent every single one of your constituents all year round. One key element of that representation is to stay in touch and create a regular two-way dialogue with local people.
This course is divided into three separate parts with this being the second of those three integrated segments. Aimed at all Members of Parliament, and their parliamentary staff, whatever type of constituency they represent whether it be rural, suburban or urban – looking after people’s concerns and helping to address their key issues is vital to being a first class Member of Parliament.
Course features and benefits
Recent years have highlighted the advent of MP inspired constituency events such as Jobs Fairs, Street Surgeries and the now fabled Schools’ Christmas Card Competition. This course tells you how, from swathes of past experience, to go about making the best use of all these endeavours. From the initial research to the full blown entity, Richard will explain how it should be done to best effect.
The basic tenet of the day is to immerse attendees in the full gambit of possibilities vis-à-vis constituency MP/Constituent engagement. The day is full of myriad examples of projects that work … and work well – and the public love them all!
Introduction and Course Objectives
- Course Leader and participants (Getting to know who is in the virtual room)
- How to run a Christmas Card competition
- Running successful surgeries … and how often!
- The best methods for publicising your Surgeries
- Establishing and maintaining a Constituency Jobs Fair
- Launching and sustaining a Constituency Pensioners’ Fair
- Founding a local Small Business Awards Scheme
- Creation of regular Parliamentary visits for Schools
- The importance of Constituency Street Surgeries
- Utilising merchandising at all levels in the constituency
- Neighbourhood House Meetings – how and why they work
- Community and neighbourhood are everything in a interconnected constituency. The MP is one of the foremost community leaders and has to know how to take that lead
- Whatever the community of interest, the MP needs to be at the forefront
- This course provides ample examples of how an MP and their team can become part of the fabric of their local society. Being there, and showing you care is essential
Richard has over thirty years experience in grassroots parliamentary voluntary community organising, campaigning and fundraising.
Please book your place below or contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up to our Newsletter
Receive the latest news and offers from College Green Group’s professional development programmes direct to your inbox.