Explore a range of courses to kickstart your professional development.
Course dates: 9 July | Duration: 2x90min sessions
This interactive one-day course is for individuals that hold elected office or help those who do, with their communication and engagement with the public, in a legally compliant way.
It may seem a frustration that you cannot simply communicate as you choose, but those that hold elected office need to understand the compliance regime on communication to avoid falling foul of election law, data protection law and use of resources that derive from their elected role.
Our course will enable you to communicate with confidence knowing you understand the rules you must follow to do so in a compliant manner.
Course features and benefits
Provides a clear overview of the laws and guidance from the Electoral Commission, the Information Commissioner, coupled with practical examples that may arise in your democratic engagement.
Key Areas Covered
- Overview of UK election law to cover what is regulated communication and activity and how to deal with donations and reporting
- Data Protection and the UK GDPR – what communication is permitted, what processing is permitted, and what to understand about digital transmission of data that might leave the UK
Participation on this course will enable you to:
- Understanding the basics of UK election law and its implications
- Adhere to the process and restrictions when receiving political donations
- How to apply Data Protection and the UK GDPR practices within your organisation
- Ensure your activity is compliant
John is a political organiser and fundraiser. For over 20 years he has worked with individuals in strategic planning, ground campaign organisation, team building, and training. He has been involved with all elections in London since 2000, including the first election for Mayor of London. He has specialised in training activists, parliamentary candidates, and constituency officers around media and campaigning, as well as supported constituencies and council groups in creating submissions for local government and parliamentary boundary reviews. John currently delivers courses on “Getting Elected in 2022” and “Understanding Government”.
Please book your place below or contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up to our Newsletter
Receive the latest news and offers from College Green Group’s professional development programmes direct to your inbox.