Social Media Strategy
People are spending more time on the Internet and social media than ever before; and business owners may try and justify that the social media space is too heavily congested, but every business nowadays needs a social media presence. It doesn’t matter how big your business is; it has to be essential to your corporate marketing plan.
This highly interactive programme will give participants an understanding of the role social media plays within their organisation, develop a strategy, and handle the social media risks.
Features and objectives
Gain a better understanding of how social media can benefit your organisation and your career.
Improve the effectiveness of your investments in social media.
Learn how to minimise reputational risks associated with social media.
Gain practical knowledge of how you can implement a social media programme.
Participation on this course will enable you to:
- Become aware of best practice and how to use social media to your advantage
- Use social media as a leadership tool
- Promote yourself and your organisation
- Build social media performance
- Protect yourself and your organisation from associated risks
- Measure effectiveness
Understanding the role of social media in supporting your organisation
- Best practice examples (research & insights, promotion, stakeholder engagement)
- Trends in social media usage
Managing social media risks
- Planning and preparation (systems, training, regulation)
- Conversation management (responding to comments and negative feedback)
- Crisis management
Building and maintaining your personal online brand
- Creating a brand profile
- Using social media as a leadership tool
- Promoting yourself and your organisation (networking skills)
- Avoiding problems
Developing a social media strategy
- Auditing your current performance
- Setting objectives and KPI’s
- Building an appropriate operating system (people, policies, and processes)
- Devising a strategy
- Effective operation (tools, content planning & creation, stakeholder engagement, paid-social, reporting & tracking)